Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Do You Hear What I Hear?

"Tournament poker is fucking heartbreaking." That's the text I just sent my husband. And it is. Sometimes.

Sometimes, you make the correct fold against 2 opponents, say TT vs QQ vs JJ for instance, feel like a genius, then the board runs out and you hear a loud, evil rumble in your ears; that's the poker gods laughing at your genius preflop 'hero fold'. They not only laugh at you, they mock you. That's what you get for folding, genius. You could've tripled up. You woulda hit your set! Hahaha! The laughter continues through the next two levels where finally, you're forced to bluff shove 10 BBs on the flop after a check from a guy who tanks and says, "Eh, I'm tired anyway. I call." Thank you, sir, for putting me out of my misery. Much obliged. Good luck to you.

Then sometimes, you make a terrible call and get lucky. It all evens out, I guess. The good and the bad. Sometimes the poker gods mock you, sometimes they cheer you on. Today they mocked me. Hard. On nearly every hand I played and a few I didn't play. But that's the way poker is and I suppose I accept it or I wouldn't keep playing, eh? Yep. On to the next one. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment