Thursday, October 24, 2013

Negreanu Wins 2013 WSOP POY

Congrats to Daniel Negreanu on picking up his 2nd WSOP Player of the Year. The first was in 2004 and he's the only player to win POY twice. Impressive these days for a non-whipper snapper, eh? Also, congrats to Vanessa Selbst for making my morning with this gem of a tweet:

                                                                              lol!


In other news, I dusted off my tournament game last night in a Horseshoe daily. Smaller than usual turnout, probably because of the temporary move to Roadhouse next door. I did ok in the beginning and mid-stages, but my late game play needs work; way too tight. To be fair, I *was* card dead at the final table and in a really bad spot for late position steals with Memphis Mojo in the small blind and a very active player with a lot of chips in the big blind to my button. For my Cutoff, I had the active player and an extreme short stack, who would likely shove over an open raise from me and then I'd have to call off with air...So, I just wasn't in a good spot in late position. To counter, I tried an UTG open for 3x the blind with a marginal hand, 9d10d. Fail. The active player 3 bet shoved. Blah. I folded, he had Tens. Lost a few hands later, King high to Ace high. C'est la vie. 5 spots paid and I got 5th. Sigh. Maybe next time! It was fun to final table with you, Mojo, looking forward to many more. ;)

4 comments:

  1. It was good to see you and congrats on the ca$h. Sounds like you have the right end-game idea, but sometimes the other players don't cooperate!

    ReplyDelete