Sunday, October 20, 2013

Was He Fishing??

The husband and I went over to Tunica yesterday to play some cards. He wanted to play the 3pm $10k guarantee Horseshoe tournament and I played a 1/3 NL cash game. I went to the cage to get chips and saw my husband was seated right next to every poker blogger's favorite Cardinal's fan, Memphis Mojo!   My husband had position on him, but that didn't stop Mojo from taking nearly all of his chips when he hit a straight vs. my husband's set of nines. The flop came 9 Q x and Russell incorrectly put Mojo on AQ, he said he never even thought about JT...big mistake, Russell. ;)

Anyway, he was out not long after and went to 'hustle' pool downstairs while I tried to get somewhere in the cash game. I started off with a slow and steady climb, then I guess the doom switch got flipped and it turned to not so slow and steady downhill freefall. I was getting frustrated, which I try hard not to get frustrated and keep emotion/tilt out of my game, but sometimes it creeps in. But luckily I can get up and get out when I feel like I'm about to 'frustration spew' my chips away. So, that's what I did, I cashed out down half a buyin and went to find Russell. The pool game went better than the poker game for him and he had won enough beers to be pretty lit when I got there lol.

Now on to the title of this post..During my cash game, I went to get a coffee, because that's what nits do, drink coffee, dammit. Haha! So, I was at the coffee machine when this tall, distinguished looking Asian man came up and started chatting with me. He was not drinking coffee, obviously. He asked if I was up, I was a little at the time. He asked if I ever played 2/5 and that he saw me playing and I should come join him in his 2/5 game. He said it's too hard to get anywhere in 1/3, the pots are so small, the players so tight, etc. But in 2/5, the players gamble more and you can win much more...I'm nodding and agreeing with him, but at the same time, I'm thinking, Is he trying to reel in a fish here? OMG am I the fish?!? What part of me looks like I want to gamble, I am drinking coffee for goodness sake?!

So, I dunno how to take that nice man's invitation LOL. What do you think?? I just told him he would see me in his game soon. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you and Russell again. Sorry, I got lucky and took some of his chips.

    The Asian man might have just thought you were cute. Nice to have a cutie at the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you, too! I don't know, maybe so, Mojo..I thought it was funny, though lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What MOJO said about his maybe thinking you were cute. : o )

    Earlier this year in Las Vegas a somewhat attractive woman seemed to be flirting with me at the table. I didn't know whether or not to be flattered or suspicious that she spied me as easy money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I trust no one in a poker room. lol

    ReplyDelete