Monday, August 12, 2013

Crush Live Poker?

Well, my injured hand is coming along. I'm able to use it again. It still looks awful, but I keep it bandaged, hoping it heals completely in a couple more weeks..it was a really bad cut! But I can type again, so here I am. :)

So, I'm thinking about a subscription to Bart Hanson's Crush Live Poker, which is video training for live cash games. I've listened to Bart's podcasts before and also enjoy his commentary on Live at the Bike, I know he seems to be respected in the poker community, but I can't find any reviews of his Seat Open Poker or CLP training anywhere. I'd like to read an unbiased review or 2 before I subscribe, but apparently I'll just have to do it and make my own review about it. 

I follow him on twitter and he does make me think from time to time. This is one I saved on my phone that I re-read often as a reminder. 


This one was so true for me, because as you may remember from my ridiculous cash game fold with KK, I can make big folds! That is not always a good thing. lol And when an observant opponent sees that you can make big folds, they then know that you will fold pretty much anything and they will try to exploit that, so sometimes you just have to call to counter it and bluff catch more often if you think they are trying to test you. That situation came up in my last cash game. He knew I could fold, so he tried to bet me out with air. I thought it over and called with a very weak hand, because his line just didn't make much sense. My hand was good and he (as well as the rest of the table) then realized he/they couldn't bluff me as easily as they thought. Thanks to the above tweet.

I hope the CLP videos will get me thinking more at the table and hopefully improve my results. If you subscribe to CLP or the Seat Open podcasts, please leave a comment and share your thoughts, good or bad! 


3 comments:

  1. I've never watched one of his videos, so I can't speak to that, but I've been listening to Bart's podcasts for years, and I continue today as a paid subscriber. These 'casts are pure gold. I can imagine that the videos are equally good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, bug. I think I will do both the podcasts and the videos to start. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Its a great offer. I think it would be effective for all. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Keep it up."Poker Training

    ReplyDelete