Tuesday, November 5, 2013

WSOP Main Event is Heads Up (Spoiler Alert)

They were still 6 handed when I went to bed last night. I figured I would wake up to the news of Ryan Riess heads up with JC Tran this morning. Nope! It was Riess, the guy I picked to win, heads up with Jay Farber, the guy my husband picked to win. How about that? Our two picks made it! That's pretty cool.  

Riess, Farber

Here's the link to the Poker News story on the final table play. I was not expecting to see Farber still in this, but there he is. Go, Riess the Beast! 

4 comments:

  1. I stayed up and watched to the end (3:30). An advantage of being retired is I can sleep whenever I feel like it, LoL. The guy I picked (Levahod) was uber-patient and went out in 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russ like Farber because of his awesome tats!

    I think Riess (even though he's arrogant, (did you catch his comment about being the best player in the field of nine?), should be maybe a 60-40 favorite. Farber can play, though, and has been getting good coaching and executed fearlessly. Should be quite interesting. I think it may be over fairly quickly. Neither one is shy about getting his chips in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, haha! Russ likes Farber's tats! Yep, I heard Riess say that he was the best player and it did come off a little too arrogant, but he is young...I always pull for the 'circuit grinders' and he's got a lot of great players and all around great ppl on his rail; Jonathan Taylor, Loni Harwood, etc. so I don't think he'd be getting their support if he really were an arrogant ass lol. I'm excited to see how it plays out. Farber did play well, though, so it's hard to predict!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping for these two and/or JC Tran. I am not proud and would accept the second place money ...

    ReplyDelete