Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My Sad Little Winrate

Well, I signed up for Bart Hanson's Crush Live Poker training videos and the podcast, too. The videos involve live cash games from The Bike with the games being 5-5 NL and 5-10 NL. That's higher than what I play, but I'm hoping Mr. Hanson can take me to 2-5. Although 2-5 basically only runs on the weekends in Tunica and that is the highest game ever run here (so says Bravo). I don't know why we can't have more 2-5 games with some 5-10 here! I may have to move lol.

Anyway, there are some videos where the buyins are $300-$500 and that's the same stack sizes as the 1-3 here, so it should play similar enough. The opening raises are only about $10 more than the average in my games, so not much difference. I like the way Bart thinks about hands and he explains his thought process well, so hopefully this will help the way I think through hands. We shall see.

I'm posting my embarrassing winrate here and we'll see if the training helps improve it any in the coming months. I've kept very detailed notes in a day planner since I started playing NL cash games in March, because if you don't track your sessions, you're just lost really. You might think you can remember your P/L and hours played, but you really can't, so if you're serious about improving, either get an app like Poker Journal to track it on your phone or do it the old fashioned way like I do and write it down. ;)

If I didn't have the results on paper, I would think I was a big loser (that's what it feels like!), but actually, I'm not losing...I'm just not winning very much. My YTD numbers for cash games since March are:

17  1-3 NL cash sessions
P/L + $171
71.5 hours played
for a whopping winrate of $2.40 per hour

Yep, I should retire and go pro already, right?? Ha! I'm pretty embarrassed to post this, but it is what it is. BUT! I am determined to get better, move up and uh...crush live poker, yo. Off I go to study...


2 comments:

  1. I don't think you should be embarrassed. Sounds like you're holding your own at high stakes and then some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it could be worse, I could be way down. But I just feel like I should be doing a lot better than I am...kinda feel like a big ol' nit, which I guess I am LOL. Working on that!

    ReplyDelete