Thursday, September 5, 2013

Odd Lines with Aces and Some Football Picks

I noticed some strange plays with pocket Aces the other night at Harrah's. In the first example, the player (a younger guy who looked like an aggressive player, but obviously was not) limped on the button against 3 other players. You don't see that very often, especially from late position. Too much can happen, garbage 2 pair hands are the usual culprits busting limped Aces. But it worked out for the guy as the flop came J high and he got all the money in on the turn against KJ and won. Why KJ was 3 bet shoving, I have no idea, but he did. Nice hand, AA guy.

In another hand, a middle aged guy raised UTG with AA to $6. Six whole dollars, first to act. You are inviting a multiway pot with such a small raise and that's the last thing you want with Aces! But he did. He only got a few callers, though, so it could've been worse. He won a small pot, but he did win...maybe they know something I don't...but I don't like their play too much. I feel like the guy with the $6 bet really missed out on some $, because the pot was only $18 preflop. I also got dealt Aces that night and I got $72 in the pot preflop and took it down with a c-bet on the flop. Bet as much as they will call is my motto! If you've got people at your table who love to see flops (we had 3 at the time), raise it up, they'll call it.

On to the football. My husband likes to bet on football. He's pretty good at picking winning bets, too. Last weekend he was 8-1 for the college opening weekend with 7-0 picks on Saturday. He's considering getting into paid handicapping next season (football only), so I thought we'd follow along with him this season to see how he does and have a record of it on the blog. He's been doing this for 5 years and hasn't had a losing season since he started, so let's see how he does...

Tonight's pick:

Denver Broncos vs. Baltimore Ravens 9-5-13

Broncos -7 and over 49.5

I don't know what that means...hope you football fans do. ;)  

1 comment:

  1. If you've got people at your table who love to see flops (we had 3 at the time), raise it up, they'll call it.

    Absolutely!

    ReplyDelete